Kodi is a software application that allows the users to play streaming content on large display screens. The content played here includes both audios as well as video content. SALTS Kodi is one kind of addon which works for Kodi.
Talking about the add-ons, these are the main content providers for Kodi system. Addons can provide content for music, sports, movies, kid’s favorite and other categories. We will check out the SALTS Kodi addon installation now.
How to Install SALTS on Kodi
We saw the basic concepts with the working of Kodi, and the purpose of using addons on Kodi. You may think that Kodi will work without the add-ons on it, but the truth is that Kodi runs because of the add-ons only.
For installing SALTS Kodi, you have to install Fusion Installer. We will provide you with the necessary steps to get started with the addon on Kodi. The addon provides with video content on Kodi, by bringing content from different sources on the XBMC system.
The SALTS Kodi addon can be installed in the following way:
- Launch the Kodi Download first.
- Select the SYSTEM tab, which is visible on the start screen of the Kodi system. Then click on the File Manager option, in the sub-menu choices.
- You have to opt for the option Add Source in this step.
- A window is displayed here, and within this, you will find the None tab. Select this tab.
- Here you have to enter a website address, and so enter the web address http://fusion.tvaddons.ag. Then click on the Done button.
- Now you need to give a name to the media source. You will find a space provided for entering the name, so we will give the name as fusion, and then tap on OK. You can give any name here.
- Visit the start screen of the Kodi system again.
- Tap on the SYSTEM tab, and then click on the Settings option in the sub-heading choices.
- Select the Add-ons option from the left column.
- Now choose the method of installing using the zip file here.
- Here you will get the fusion folder, which was saved by us in step number 6. Click on this folder.
- Then select the xbmc-repos option.
- Now opt for the English folder here.
- You will find many zip files here, among them choose the file with the name repository.tknorris.release-x.x.x.zip, and then proceed.
- You need to wait for a while here, till the addon enabled message shows up on the screen.
- Next, click on the choice of installing from the repository. If you are working on Helix system, tap on the option of Get Add-ons.
- You will get a list of Repositories in this step. Find out the tknorris Release Repository choice, among the listed repositories. Select that repository, and then continue.
- Now opt for the Video Add-ons choice.
- Here you will find the option Stream All The Sources, choose this option.
- You will get a description about the add-on, and here you will find the Install button too. Tap on this button.
- After waiting for a while, you will receive a notification saying that the addon is enabled on your Kodi system. This message is displayed just below the screen, so keep a watch for it.
This way, we have set the SALTS Kodi addon on your XBMC system. The addon is all set to be run by you. You can access the addon later, by visiting the VIDEOS section on Kodi, then click on the Add-ons option. There you will get the Stream All The Sources choice. Enjoy!
SALTS Kodi Addon – Frequently Asked Questions
We saw that most of the SALTS Kodi users have some doubts related to the addon. And in this section, we will list out some of the questions with their respective solution.
In the following section, we will list out the questions along with their answers. They are as follows:
How to solve the ‘Database Error – Database Disk Image is malformed’ problem?
You will get this error when you try to stop the Kodi, while the system is writing data in the database. Therefore, if you don’t want to see this error on your system, then avoid force stopping the Kodi system when it is working on some data.
As soon as you receive this error message, the data which was in the process becomes corrupt. This data won’t be recovered again by you later. If you want the Database back in right condition, then the database requires being reset by you.
The reset process for a DB can be done in two ways:
- Visit the Addon Settings option. Click on the Database choice, and there you will find the Reset DB.
- Go to the File Manager option. Choose the Add Source, and in the source, the path enters the address special://database. You will get many files within this location. Among them, delete the one named as saltscache.db.
These are some of the easy to do steps for solving the Database error on SALTS Kodi.
I wish to filter out the x265 (HEVC) from the result page. Is there any way to do this?
There is no direct way to solve this issue. And the future is in the hands of this x265 system. You will find many other platforms, which can play the x265 perfectly. Now still if want to get rid of the x265 files, then you have two ways.
You need to disable the scraper which are giving you x265 results on the Kodi system. The other way is to allow content with quality lower than 1080p. This is because x265 mostly work with the 1080p content.
Therefore, these are the two ways by which you can get the x265 out from the result page.
How can I add shows and movies from SALTS to Kodi?
There are two different ways for adding your favorite contents from SALTS to Kodi. They are as follows:
- Use the Add to Library choice- You will get the Add to Library option for all the TV show contents and movies. Now here, you will find the content as it is, and if there are any future updates found then it won’t be reflected in the destination place.
- Use the Subscribe option- To get this working you need to make a subscription list. Then turn on the Library Integration option. And now you can add the tv show or movie to the subscription list. Here you will get to see any updates made at the source end. And, for this, you will also need a trakt.tv account.
These are the possible ways, by which you can add content to the Kodi system from SALTS.
What is the purpose of using subtitles, and how do they work?
Subtitles help us in getting a content translated into the language which is preferable to you. To get the subtitle benefits on Kodi, you need to turn on the subtitle indicators in the system settings. You can get to know about the subtitle available, by just checking the color of the text.
You can get the complete subtitle which matches your language requirement, and also which satisfies the HD requirement. Such subtitle will be indicated by green color. If only partial requirements are satisfied, then it will be displayed with yellow color.
If there are no subtitles available, the text will be of red color.
Therefore, these are some of the majorly asked queries related to the SALTS Kodi.
Hope you all enjoyed reading the article on Install SALTS Kodi Addon and got the addon installed on your Kodi system. Feel free to post your doubts/queries related to the addon installation, in the comment section provided. For more updates on Kodi & their add-ons, follow us on KodiTVGuide.