Here in this article “Kodi Chromecast: How to Install Kodi on Chromecast” will brief about the useful information. Kodi is an open source player and is formally known as XBMC. It is nonprofit making technology which is available for all operating system with any hardware configuration.
Kodi Chromecast is using for ten feet user interface with television and remote. Chrome cast is a device which is used to mirror the media file in the television by connecting it to HDMI port.
Furthermore, the Kodi App is useful to make the user interface smooth between the smartphone and television. Hence, the mirroring is so reliable. To get more information about the installation processes; refer below.
Kodi Chromecast: Methods
Kodi on Chromecast with Android
- To run it on a smartphone; you need to download some App such as Local cast, Kodi, ES file explorer and .xml file.
- There is an official App for Chrome cast which is very easy to do mirroring on television.
- The steps to get start with the installation and using process refer the next topic.
Install Kodi on Chromecast with PC Windows
- To run Kodi on Computer, you need to have Chrome extension in your browser. It runs on any operating windows with multiple hardware configurations.
- It needs few things to start with the process.
- such as Google cast icon and the Google cast extension on the same chrome browser.
Install Kodi on Chromecast with Android
Formerly, we saw an overview of methods about how to install Kodi Chromecast with two different operating system platform. After that, here we will see the steps to get start using Kodi for Chromecast with Android platform. There are two ways for Android platform.
First way; Longest Method
- Firstly, you need a smartphone with wireless connectivity with the home network.
- The process needs few applications; refer to all those links – Es Explorer, Kodi, LocalCast and .xml file PlayerFactoryCore.
- After you done with all download, run Es Explorer on your smartphone.
- This step is important; Go to mobile setting then select ‘Display setting’ and check on ‘Show hidden file’ to enable it.
- Meanwhile, open the download destination where the .xml file is downloaded.
- Select the .xml file and copy it.
- After that, once done with copying; move to the folder name “Android”.
- Then find destination the user data and paste .xml file there; Android> go to Files > .kodi > user data.
- Finally, Launch the Kodi App from your smartphone.
- The App will automatically make the user, to open local cast.
- Once it loaded, the player selection option will appear.
- At last, you are able to use the Kodi on Chromecast.
Second way; Easy and Short
- Firstly, you need to have a smartphone with Local area network connectivity.
- Install the official application of Google Home; refer this link for download- Google Home
- Launch the App from your smartphone.
- There will be an option called “Cast Screen” in the list.
- Additionally, it will make u navigate to the process to connect to Chromecast.
- After that, Launch any App which you would like to mirror.
- Finally, the mirrored file can be seen on both devices at same time with Kodi Chromecast.
Additionally, to both ways; the user can play their favorite content on the bigger screen and can have the best experience. Even, the reading became more easy for the readers as it makes so clear visual interface.
Thus, the above steps include both methods, complicated and easy one. The easiest is the first priority and if the user finds any error then go for the long method. Now we will move on PC windows method; refer further.
Kodi Chromecast using a PC
As I already mentioned above in this topic that PC is also eligible for the Chromecasting and with any version of the windows and multiple hardware configurations. The PC have easy and hassle free setup process which is more reliable.
Here in this process, I would like to present the steps to get start with uses and some important extensions. Follow each step so carefully so that you can easily install Kodi on Chromecast for PC.
- Firstly, the user needs to have PC with wireless access.
- Both devices should connect to the same wireless network.
- Open the Google chrome browser from the desktop.
- Go to the customize and control panel; can be found at the rightmost top corner.
- Find more tools option and select extensions from its sub-options.
- Find the link, “get more extensions”.
- Open the link and search Google cast on search bar; direct link to extension
- Install the extension and click on the Google cast icon on your browser.
- A window will generate and you need to select the Kodi Chromecast device from the list.
- Finally, Click on the device name and select the modes which you want to perform; modes as in screening in two way or one way.
Additionally, it shows advantages such as user can enjoy any kind of media on the big screen, experience get multiplied in a simpler way to interface.
At last, the setup of the Kodi App for the PC Windows is done. The steps given above includes all necessary information to take care while proceeding. The mirroring with PC is beneficial as it has strong power backup and the connectivity is also stronger.
Thus, we have served you the best information about the article Kodi on Chromecast: How to Install Kodi Chromecast. We request you to share this information with your group. If you wish to send feedback and any other query then write us on to Koditvguide. Thank you, dear readers.